This is a traditional Spanish dish, it is easy to prepare and quite tasty. It is a good way to cook shrimp, combined with a good olive oil, garlic, Pimentón de La Vera and parsley. They are usually presented in a clay pot and accompanied by good bread.
The recipe for Gambas al Pil Pil or Garlic Shrimp is a classic of the Spanish cookbook and of course very present at family celebrations. Easy to find in the tapas menu of a typical Spanish restaurant. In this case, I use frozen shrimps for the recipe, which, well prepared, do not have to envy nothing and are usually more affordable.
Ingredients (for two guests)
- 1/2 spoon of paprika - Pimentón de La Vera Picante.
- 100ml Extra virgin olive oil.
- 8 medium/large peeled shrimps .
- 2 garlic cloves.
- A bit of parsley.
GAMBAS AL PIL PIL STEP BY STEP
- Peel and thinly chop the garlic. Add the Pimentón to the shrimps.
- Warm the olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the previously peeled shrimps and cook until they turn pink.
- Stir in the shrimps until the sauce starts boiling.
- Add a little more Pimentón plus the chopped parsley and you're ready to serve.