Pintxo of Cantabrian anchovies, Padrón peppers and Jamón Ibérico
I present you a very simple pintxo. With few ingredients, but all of excellent quality. It is an example of how the final result is surprisingly good when a fine products are handled. A Pintxo is a small tapa, typical from the bars in the Basque Country (usually eaten in a bite).
Ingredients (for 4 guests)
- 100g Anchoas del Cantabrico - Cantabrian anchovies.
- 1 spoon of Extra virgin olive oil.
- 100g Padrón peppers. Other varieties of small green peppers can be used.
- 70g Jamón Ibérico.
- Coarse salt.
- White bread.
PINTXO OF CANTABRIAN ANCHOVIES, PADRÓN PEPPERS AND JAMÓN IBÉRICO STEP BY STEP
- Take out the anchovies from the can 10 minutes before the recipe starts, to keep them tempered.
- If you are using vacuum-packed Jamón Ibérico, open it 20 minutes beforehand to reach the correct temperature.
- Prepare a pan with a spoon of olive oil and add the peppers when the oil is hot. Add coarse salt. The perfect point of peppers is when they start to get brown, without actually burning.
- Put a slice of Iberian ham on top of a bread slice, add 2 or 3 peppers and add 3 anchovies at the end. Repeat the process with as many pintxos as you need and you can present it to your guests.