'Huevos Rotos' with Jamón Ibérico
"Huevos Rotos" (broken eggs) with Jamón Ibérico is a dish created by the famous restaurant "Casa Lucio" and has become a basic dish for tapas in Spain.
In addition to a good Iberian ham, it can also be accompanied with other ingredients such as Manchego cheese, chorizo or cod and, of course, always with crispy white bread.
Ingredients (for 4 guests)
- 4 fresh eggs.
- 3-4 potatoes for frying.
- 150g Jamón Ibérico, Jamón Serrano or Paleta (shoulder).
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Crusty bread.
- Salt flakes (Fleur de Sel).
HUEVOS ROTOS WITH JAMÓN IBÉRICO STEP BY STEP
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes. Add salt and fry them with plenty olive oil. When golden, remove them and drain on absorbent paper for a few minutes. Then place them on a flat plate.
- Fry the eggs over a medium heat with olive oil. Remove the eggs with the egg yolk still in liquid state and place them over the fried potatoes.
- Slice thinly the Ibérico ham, or you can also kept it already cut and vacuum-packed, so you can only use what you need. Place the Jamón over the eggs and potatoes.
- Add a little salt and cut a little the egg yolks before presenting them.